Here are 7 SEO (search engine optimization) tips that you can implement on your site or blog right away, to make Google work for you:
1. Select search terms (keywords) for your blog post or page content: Choose a word (or short phrase) that you know people will likely search for. For example: sundress or summer fashion 2014.
2. Use Google’s Keyword Planner: Formerly known as Google keyword Tool, this planner with help you select the right keywords. Here’s a great article by SearchEngineJournal.com that will help you understand how to best use this amazing tool.
3. Use these keywords within the first 70 words of your content: Make sure these words show up at the beginning of your post or page content.
4. Also place your keywords near the end of your post or page content: Google looks for your keywords all over your content, and having them at the beginning and near the end assures you that Google finds what it’s looking for.
5. Place your keywords within your meta description: A meta description is the snippet that search engines will show under your link title. It’s what most people will read in order to decide if they want to click on your link. Show them your keywords so they know to click.
6. Include your keywords on your image descriptions: Include your keywords on the title and the alt tag of the images you use within posts or page content.
7. If appropriate, hyperlink one instance of the keywords: If you have other content within your website that relates to your keywords, link to it. Make sure the link location feels natural to the reader.
We hope these tips help you continue or get started with your SEO efforts.